Thursday, December 23, 2010

the best gift ever

two years ago i refused to put up a christmas tree because i was sore and grinch-like about not yet having a little one running around. last year, i didn't put up a tree, but i lived in the expectation that in a few short months we would have our little boy with us. but that was not to be.

they say the best things are the things you wait the longest for, or something like that. this year, there is still no padding about by little feet in our hotel room, but we do have a nice little artificial christmas tree with pretty blinking lights. and the very best gift God has ever given us, besides His Son, Jesus, is waiting to see us this morning at the Baby Home...

it's with immense gratitude to God and joy at the fulfillment of 
a long-awaited hope that we welcome you, 
Tobin (Toby) Rasul Huston,
born in East Kazakhstan on October 23, 2008
and adopted into our family on December 21, 2010!
 your mommy and daddy love you SO much already!!

 



finally, the huston family! :-)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! He's sooo adorable :o) He's just 3 months younger than Kaycie. Can't wait for you guys to be able to bring him home and start your new lives all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such adorable photos! And just in time for my family to view them while they are out here in Colorado, visiting us for Christmas. He has the cutest dimples! His cousins are going to love him and dote on him, for sure. I'll definitely be praying for you during the separation. Is the adoption finalized in Kaz? We had to wait six months after returning to the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brings tears to my eyes :D He is beautiful and sooo cute! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's beautiful!!!!!!! I agree- he's meant toby!! Congrats! I hope and pray paperwork goes very very fast and you are bringing him home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and happy post!!! He is absolutely beautiful - what a cutie! I am so incredibly happy for you! I've done a terrible job of commenting but have loved following your journey.

    Hoping he will be home in IN soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is soooo gorgeous!! I'm gobbling up these pictures because I didn't get to see him nearly enough in person!! Cannot wait until you are all three at home together FOREVER! I think you are now on your journey home, and we are sending prayers for a smooth journey home. And then, of course, we hope that time passes quickly and we are soon taking pictures at The Shiny River with alot of little people around. Of course, we want you to take all of the pictures with the good camera. :-) Love you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, these made me cry. He is the most precious thing EVER!! We can't wait to meet him in SD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Sandy. I have been waiting and hoping for these pictures! Today, I'm celebrating with you and Rob. Lord bless you as you travel back home. Praying He gives grace over the next few weeks!
    In Him,
    Patty Bauman

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are tears in my eyes too... so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sitting here in Panera with tears in my eyes! My heart is brimming with joy for the three of you and the beautiful journey that lies ahead! I look forward to meeting him the next time I am home. MUCH love!

    ReplyDelete