can you believe we've been here a week already? and to think rob's been sick almost five of those days. :-(
the skinny:
- rob's still running low grade fever when not on tylenol, antibiotics not helping so it must be viral, gets tickly cough that wakes him up a lot. we're managing.
-discovered a nice sunny room with tables on top floor beside the spa, where it's NOT hot; think this will be my "work space" from now on. nice to have a place to go that doesn't get 80 degrees by 1p.m. like our room.
- much better day with baby A! ibetter mood, we concentrated on one toy at a time, and he played so well; his favorite seems to be the little peanuts finger puppets (these were mine as a kid!) and putting them in and out of a plastic bag. who knew?!! we also played with a rubber ball today, he liked to catch it and tried to roll it back. very cute. he's still pretty happy when it's time for him to go back to caretakers and babies in the other room. ;-p
- went with families to a Georgian restaurant last night (minus Rob) - nice place! we have decided that dinner out here in Ust/Kaz is a whole evening affair; waited 1.5 hrs for our food! but let me tell you it was scrumptious and piping hot when we finally got it at about 9:20 p.m. ;-] will definitely take rob there when he's feeling better, assuming that at some point this month he will feel better!
-tomorrow (8th) is International Women's Day - a HUGE holiday for women here. don't think we have anything that compares. they're all so excited about it. we're taking chocolate to the caretakers/translators, etc.
Sorry Rob is still sick =( Hopefully he feels better soon. My husband started to get sick while we were there but thankfully we contained it to a weekend. I remember the 7 day mark- it seemed like it was going so fast and so slow at the same time! I look back now and I can't believe how fast that time went. I'm glad you a good day with Baby A! =)
ReplyDeleteAre you able to still visit with all the festivies going on? Hope so! Praying that Rob feels better. Blessings to you both.
ReplyDeleteSandy and Rob, Thoughts have been swirling around in my head – lots of reactions to what you’ve been writing – not in the way of advice, but of wanting to reassure about this and about that. I haven’t seemed to be able to “find words” to put any of it into writing. But after just reading your e-mail this morning (following the new, unexpected info from the clinic), I just feel compelled to write and say that as I’ve been praying for/with you about this, I just fully believe that you can trust that God IS leading you and that whatever the decision you ultimately make, you can rest assured that He has led you, and helped you, toward that decision. There’s lots here we don’t understand, and might not in the end understand, but I fully believe with you that as you have prayed and sought the Lord, asking many others to do so with you, He is completely faithful to guide you. I fully believe that He is at work here – He always is at work for our good! And not only for your good, but for A’s also. Our God is a good and faithful God. My heart aches for all you are going through. My prayers for you will remain steadfast.
ReplyDelete