Thursday, January 7, 2010

i love winter, granola, and anything creamy...


It snowed all day today, which I loved even though it meant canceling my trip to IKEA with Bonnie tomorrow. Carrie and I took down the Christmas decorations at church, shoveled our drive, and was going through lesson 29 of my Russian language CDs when all of a sudden, out of the blue, my laptop made a horrible noise and went on the fritz! I could not get the thing to reboot. (Panic sets in! am I going to have to send it in and be without it for a week? when was the last time I backed up my files?...acck!)  

But never fear, trusty techie hubby got on the phone with a Dell techie in El Salvador, and after an hour --voila! Here I am on my laptop again (yay). It's too bad in some ways...it might have been good for me to go without it for a while. ;-p

Tonight I made shrimp scampi for the first time. It was yummy, but not as yummy as my sister-in-law Mary's! (Mary, please hand over your recipe. :-) We are in our last week of good, fattening eating; trying to get rid of all the "bad" stuff in the fridge and cupboard before getting back to healthier eating and doing some fasting this month. I dread it and look forward to it at the same time...but, I've been wanting to do some experimenting with diet to try to get a hold on my allergies, so there is some extra incentive. My mom and sister-in-law are both big into the health food and alternative medicine scene, so I've asked them for some advice in that regard; we'll see what they suggest. I think my biggest dread is possibly giving up milk products and wheat...this would be especially "bummerish" since I just made a big batch of granola on Sunday afternoon!

Well, I think Rob and I are going to hunker down and relax for a little bet yet before bedtime...maybe Flash Forward is on...

Good night, snowy world...




4 comments:

  1. We are enjoying the snow around here! Praying that 2010 will grow your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sandy, how did you get this cool wallpaper on your blog??? I'm thinking of starting a blog but I can't figure out how to "decorate" the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie!
    My friend Kim helped me find it at thecutestblogontheblock.com - i think there is a link in the upper left corner here on my blog. They have a lot of cute templates.

    It really is fun having the blog - at this point I prefer it over Facebook - feels much more personal and not quite so public. Have fun with it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sandy for the info. I'm up and running. For some reason I don't have your email...but my blog address is: www.teaatmytable.blogspot.com. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete