Yep, I turned 41 this past week. (Doesn't feel any different than forty, though our celebrations were a little more subdued than last year ;-o). Last Friday my friend Alice invited me and some other gals over for a splendid lunch (she IS the hostess with the mostest) and in the evening we had our faithful friends, the Beachys, over for some games and a movie. (We watched Grey Gardens, an odd movie about an eccentric mother and daughter who lived together in a dilapidated mansion in East Hampton, growing more oblivious to the outside world as each year went by. True Story. Last night we watched the documentary that the movie was made from. Oddly fascinating, though a little sad. I recommend it.)
Then Rob surprised me at homegroup this week by arranging a little party here at our place (he knows how much I love surprises, and I am the simply the easiest person to surprise)...we had ice cream, muffins and CHEESECAKE FACTORY cheesecake (dulce de leche, oooooh does it get any better than this?) plus the pumpkin bars I'd already made (what could he say? "Ah, Sandy, stop making stuff; we're surprising you.")
It was lots of fun.
Roses from Rob. Still so pretty, a week later...
I love birthdays. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment